• Ability to demonstrate managing a commercial relationship including negotiation
• Good communication skills both written and oral
• Numerically competent
• Able to negotiate and reach agreement
• Able to effectively prioritise and work to deadlines
• Ability to interpret specifications and drawings
• CIPS Level 1-4 (or equivalent) or happy to work towards
• Some associated experience within a tightly regulated environment
The Buyer is responsible for ensuring external and internal customer requirements for product sourcing to the supplier chain are met in a timely manner ensuring requirements for product pricing, quality and delivery are optimised to meet business needs and targets.
The majority of the time within this role will be spent working to functional process to manage and maintain data. Accountable for work queue prioritisation and the commercial performance of vendors and associated improvement plans and activities. Autonomy to undertake day to day negotiation, making associated decision based on quality, cost and delivery within established guidelines
• Manage the day to day contractual relationship with the vendors to build long term rapport and ensure the lowest cost of acquisition, balancing cost with the company inventory holding requirements to maximise business profitability.
• Adhere to all policies and regulations in relation to product sourcing, governed either by legislation, customer specific / contractual requirements, company policies or technical controls to ensure on time delivery and quality can be met.
• Operate efficient working practices for the sourcing of ad-hoc customer requirements at the best commercial terms in order to meet delivery and commercial timescales and targets.
• Develop and drive reporting process to give visibility to the business of cost control within the commodity.
• Participation in improvement activities at department/company level to enhance business performance.
• Comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Undertake other duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the job.