Graduate Quality & Approvals Engineer
· Quality and/or auditing qualification. HND/HNC in Electronics.
· Works well in a team and alone
· Able to use Microsoft Office applications to a high standard, including Word, Excel, Power Point. Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Excellent numerical and analytical skills. Excellent personal and departmental time management/prioritisation skills. Excellent attention to detail.
· A good understanding of safety critical component and assembly processes. Liaising with and auditing Far Eastern OEMs. Producing regular quality reports. Working within a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) structure. Dealing with quality issues and queries from the R&D department, UK dealers and export distributors. Building and managing a Quality & Approvals department. Analysing issues/problems and presenting
Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build professional relationships both internally and with OEMs and key component suppliers. Enthusiastic, motivated and self-starting. Methodical and detailed in approach, but able to see the ‘bigger picture’ when analysing problems and issues. Approachable team player.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: To maintain and update all quality, safety and approvals documentation and manage quality and approvals issues regarding all products and processes
· Dealing with all quality and approvals enquiries from dealers and distributors
· Dealing with all quality issues regarding any of OEMs or key component suppliers
· Liaising and working with the R&D department to investigate and provide practical and cost effective solutions for any quality issues raised
· To maintain and update the RFC system
· To maintain and update all approvals documentation for all products
· To maintain and update the ‘quality manual’ which includes all company policy procedural documents
· Monitor quality and returns issues across all regions, via contact with all export distributors, and feedback regularly to OEM
· Produce regular reports on UK and ROW warranty and service returns and issues
· Carry out regular quality audits at the UK warehouse
· Carry out quality audits on all OEMs and key suppliers.
· Conduct internal audits in support of QMS process maintenance
· Maintain regular contact with all OEMs via email, phone and video conference calls
· Periodic overseas visits to OEMs and key component suppliers
· Maintain regular contact with all key component suppliers (valves, speakers, etc)
· Implement and maintain 5S procedures
· KPI reporting as applicable to role
Support Health and Safety as First Aider and Fire Marshall